St Maria Goretti’s Catholic School Canteen complies with the Healthy Foods Policy and is managed on behalf of the School Board by Mrs. Liz O’Meara.
The Canteen adheres to the Traffic Light system introduced by the Government in 2006. Our policy places food into categories based on a Traffic Light. Our menu must comply and consist of a minimum of 60% green.
|Green||Fruit salad, small||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Veggie sticks with low fat dip||$ 3.90||3.90|
|Green||Yoghurt, low fat||$ 3.60||3.60|
|Green||Banana Milk, low fat||$ 2.50||2.50|
|Green||Choc milk, low fat||$ 2.50||2.50|
|Green||Choc Mint, low fat||$ 2.50||2.50|
|Green||Milk, Hi Lo||$ 2.50||2.50|
|Green||Strawberry milk, low fat||$ 2.50||2.50|
|Green||Chicken salad||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Egg salad||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Salad (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, carrot, capsicum, mayo/dressing)||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Tuna salad||$ 3.50||3.50|
You can choose to add any of the following to your salad box:
- Bean mix
- Light coleslaw
- Light potato salad
|Green||Cheese / Cheese with salad||$ 2.70||2.70|
|Green||Chicken / Chicken with salad||$ 5.50||5.50|
|Green||Egg / Egg with salad||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Ham with salad||$ 4.10||4.10|
|Green||Tuna / Tuna with salad||$ 4.10||4.10|
|Green||Cheddar cheese with salad||$ 3.00||3.00|
|Green||Chicken with salad||$ 4.00||4.00|
|Green||Egg with salad||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Ham with salad||$ 4.00||4.00|
|Green||Tuna with salad||$ 4.00||4.00|
|Green||Cheese + chicken||$ 3.00||3.00|
|Green||Cheese + chicken + pineapple||$ 4.50||4.50|
|Green||Cheese + ham||$ 3.00||3.00|
|Green||Cheese + ham + pineapple||$ 3.00||3.00|
|Green||Cheese + ham + tomato||$ 3.00||3.00|
|Green||Chicken breast burger + salad in wholemeal roll||$ 4.00||4.00|
|Green||Corn cob||$ 2.00||2.00|
|Green||Focaccia Cheese and Bacon||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Green||Mac & cheese CA||$ 4.00||WASCA Approved||4.00|
|Green||Nachos, plain corn chips, cheese||$ 4.00||School made salsa containing corn, tomato, zucchini||4.00|
|Green||Soup of the day HH||$ 4.50||Homemade and Healthy||4.50|
|Green||Spaghetti bolognaise CA||$ 4.00||WASCA Approved||4.00|
|Green||Sushi: Chicken or Tuna||$ 5.00||Pre-ordered Friday for Monday and Wednesday for Thursday.||5.00|
|Green||Veggie burger with salad in wholemeal roll||$ 3.70||3.70|
|Green||Fruit salad||$ 3.50||3.50|
|Amber||Ice creams CA||$ 2.00||2.00|
|Amber||Light Vanilla Buckets||$ 1.60||1.60|
|Amber||Quelch Sticks (99% fruit juice) CA||$ 1.00||1.00|
|Amber||Cruiser light beef pie CA||$ 3.50||Week 1, 5, 9 (WASCA Approved)||3.50|
|Amber||Good Eating Sausage roll CA,||$ 3.00||Week 1, 5, 9 (WASCA Approved)||3.00|
|Amber||Hot Dogs||$ 3.00||Week 2,6,10||3.00|
|Amber||Party pie CA||$ 1.50||Week 1, 5, 9 (WASCA Approved)||1.50|
|Amber||Party Sausage Roll||$ 1.50||Week 1, 5, 9||1.50|
How does canteen work?
- Canteen operates Monday and Thursday for recess and lunch.
- Canteen opens at 8:30am.
- Write your child’s name, class and order on a lunch bag / envelope and enclose correct money (where change is required it is taped at the corner of the lunch bag, or for the younger children, put in a white bag and stapled to the lunch order).
- There is a nominal charge of 5c for a lunch bag if required.
- Place the order in the canteen basket provided in each classroom.
- Orders can also be written at the canteen each morning before school.
- No orders are accepted for recess items. These items can be purchased at the canteen during recess and lunch times.
- Ice creams may only be purchased at lunch time.
- Pre-ordering of lunches for future days is not permitted.
- Extra food, if any is available, will be offered to the child.
- Alternatively, the child will be provided with a vegemite or cheese sandwich and a note will be sent home to the parent.
Students should not be taking any money to school other than for School Banking with a completed form or for canteen purchases on Monday and Thursday.
It is unwise for children to be responsible for large sums of money and therefore students should never be in possession of more than $20 at any time while at school.