As a Catholic School, our students receive lessons in religious education on a daily basis and have multiple opportunities to participate in class liturgies and whole school masses.
One of the most important elements of our Religious Education program is the celebration of the Sacraments. The programs involve detailed preparation so the children can understand the importance of the commitment they are making in receiving the Sacraments.
- Students in Year 3 receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Students in Year 4 receive the Sacrament of First Holy Communion
- Students in Year 6 receive the Sacrament of Confirmation.
Your support of these key events is absolutely critical. We encourage you to visit our events Calendar to take note of the key dates relevant to each of the Sacramental programs.
Sacrament schedule: 2020
Reconciliation – Term 1
- Commitment Masses (7 and 8 March)
- Meeting – Thursday the 13 February @ 3.30pm
- Workshop – 19 March @ 6.00
- Service – 26 March
- Certificate Masses (28 and 29 March)
- 5 priests for Reconciliation – stipends ($50 each)
Communion – Term 2
- Meeting – 7 May @ 3.30
- Commitment Masses – 16 and 17 May
- Workshop – 21 May @ 6.00
- Reconciliation – 4 June @ 6.00 – stipends ($50 each)
- Service 14th June @ 10.00 (SMG and Parish)
- Certificates 20th and 21st June
Confirmation – Term 4
- Commitment Mass and Pledge 20 October @ 9.00am as part of NAIDOC Celebration Mass.
- Workshop - 20th August @ 6pm
- Reconciliation – 3 November @ 9.00am
- Confirmation Practice @ Notre Dame Parish at 3.30pm
- Confirmation Mass to receive the Sacrament Saturday 7 November at midday Notre Dame Parish
- 4 December - Graduation Dinner hosted by P&F at 6.30pm on school grounds
- 8 December – Graduation Mass and Year 6 Awards at 9.00am Covered Assembly Area.